Do you have great oral hygiene? How do you know if you do or not? Below are ten simple questions you can ask yourself to determine how well you truly are taking care of your teeth and gums:
– Do you typically use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Do you use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury? If applicable, do you consistently clean your mouthguard?
– Do you avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings?
– Do you use safe teeth whitening products? Have you discussed the product(s) with a dentist?
– Do you know your complete dental history?
– Do you avoid sugary drinks such as soda?
– Do you avoid hard candies?
– Have you had your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist?
– Has a dentist or doctor cleared you of all eating disorders?
– Do you schedule regular visits with your dentist?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
If you would like to know more about these topics, or to set up an appointment, please call Midtown Dental Arts at 918-747-8802 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and let us help you achieve a healthy smile.